A group of friends wanted to submit an entry for the Doritos Superbowl commercial contest this year and asked me to create a Doritos chip costume and wear it in their entry.
A 30 second spot was created, following the guidelines of the contest, but unfortunately we didn't win. Afterwards the directors recut the commercial to a longer length that was ultimately more satisfying for them.
The following is the video as well as some stills from the project:
Another update and another excuse for not updating enough!
It's the same excuse though: Instagram and Facebook are just quicker to update on.
In addition though, I would like to reformat my website in the future. Trim it down and make it a little more minimal.
I write here now to present a new project that my friend Salman Sajun and I put together recently.
I had met Salman earlier this year and from the start he had told me that he would like to collaborate on something in the future. Since he is passionate about stop motion videos and I am passionate about constructing masks, there wasn't much trouble with coming up with the idea of creating a stop motion video of a mask being assembled.
The twist is that it's a pixelated version of Salman himself!
The following is the video itself, along with a 'making of' and some bonus gif like vids.
For more of Salman's work, please visit his site here.
We spent four days assembling a face out of wood and wire and then covering it in plaster soaked burlap.
It was used this past weekend at Montreal's Chromatic festival as a canvas for En Masse members to paint on.
It will also be used at the Montreal Mural festival this June.
In February I was asked to make some piñatas for the 2014 Jour de la Terre campaign. It was a job that needed to be done quickly, and as I already had several other contracts underway, I made them mostly in the AM hours.
I maybe had worked with paper mache as a young child in school, but haven't touched it since. I knew that trying to learn how to make the forms asked of me with that process would be too much of a learning curve given the time contraints, so I went with what I knew best: carving it out of foam. The piñatas didn't need to actually be functional, so we were safe!
Full credits for the project can be found here.
Here are some pics of the steps involved: